Wednesday 28 October 2015

Piquant pepper

I'm not allowed to call it peppadew/pepperdew, which it is.

I have two lots planted, one tub of six are a year old and have already given a small crop. The fruit pickle really well. They're hassle free if you keep them watered.


The most recent batch of four seedlings in the afternoon sun:


I might get more. Because they pickle really well...

Update 2015/11/12:


Update 2015/11/13:


So here's a six pack of new seedlings ready to go into two new tyres once they get filled with compost - maybe tomorrow depending how energetic I feel.

Update 2015/11/14:


Notice the 4 larger seedlings have multiple stems. I've nipped off the tips of the closest three to see if that's how to do it.

Now, even though they do well, sixteen plants is enough.

Update 2015/11/24:


Nipping off the tips of the seedling is forcing the emergence of new shoots at the leaf junction. I never consciously thought of that... but sort of knew it somehow?


Now they'll start looking more like these ones...

Update 2016/01/24:


Flowers and some fruit.

Update 2016/01/28:


Update 2016/02/17:

These, like most of my other chili plants, are suffering from leaf curl. Thrips? If so, what to do about them?

Update 2016/03/13:



No comments:

Post a Comment